(A message preached by Rev Ivan Foster in Kilskeery Free Presbyterian Church in two parts on July 8th & 9th, 2018.)
Scripture: "And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up," Daniel 8:23.
This age will end "when the transgressors are come to the full."
II. WHAT IS THE FINAL MANIFESTATION OF MAN'S REBELLION?
1. God at present is restraining man's rebelliousness. Zech 5:8-11, 2 Thess 2:3-10. The devil has always been under the restraint of God but we must not think that Rev 20:1-6 is referring to it. That is a future complete and utter restraint of Satan during the 1000 year reign of Christ after His return in glory.
The partial restraint in earlier times is seen when the Lord confused the languages of men so that "they left off to build the city," Genesis 11:8. The flood of Noah and the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah likewise acted as a brake upon man's bold defiance of God. This will continue until God has accomplished His eternal purpose. "God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name," Acts 15:14. Then God will lift the restraint and allow evil free course in the final days of this age. 2 Thess 2:6-7, Rev 7:1-3.
2. Man is heading, under the promptings of the devil, to the place of attempting to supplant God.
"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God," 2 Thess 2:3-4.
Such a desire and ambition has shown itself on many occasions. Isa 14:12-15; Eze 28:1-10. A/c referred to - Daniel 7:8, 25, 8:10, 25
3. These truths were taught by the apostles. 2 Thess 2:5. They must be heard again to prepare Christians for the final days.
III. WE ARE NEARING THE MANIFESTATION OF THE FULNESS OF REBELLION.
1. God's Word has been replaced in the 'Church'. Man's notions and theories, "moving with the times" have become the authority in religious matters.
2. Immorality has become morality. "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Isaiah 5:20. That is what is happening in the churches where once the gospel was preached.
3. Unbelief and defiance of God have become the new creed of modern 'Christianity'! Arlene Foster and the DUP have evidently embraced this creed.
Sabbath-breaking and overtures to the most wicked, the sodomites, is the order of the day. The DUP will most certainly pay a high price for such folly! Shame on those Christians who have aided her in her folly such as Clifford Stafford, a professing Christian and attender at Martyrs Memorial FP Church and the other FPs within the DUP ranks who have chosen to keep quiet! We agree with what Councillor John Finlay said when he rebuked her Sabbath-breaking but she went on to violate the Word of God in an even more serious way when, a few days later, she attended the sodomite celebration in Stormont building, a gathering one of her party members, Paula Bradley, co-sponsored .
Action is required of Christians who are in partnership with Mrs Foster in the DUP and who therefore must share in the shame and guilt of what she has done.